This exciting Arts and Entertainment venue are seeking a qualified Financial Controller to join their finance team.
As the Financial Controller, you will lead the day to day planning, implementing, managing and controlling of all finance related activities for the company. This is an exciting phase of growth, following a recent expansion, meaning you'll be joining a dynamic and varied environment with involvment across the business. Heading up the finance team, this role reports directly into senior management and will have a heavy strategic emphasis to encourage further growth.
This is a role for a motivated and innovative accountant who enjoys cross-functional communication and bringing a fresh perspective to developing organisations.
About the Role
- Oversee day to day financial operational management
- You will provide accurate and timely financial analysis and insight into the operational activities of the business including leading on budgets and forecasting
- Influence and contribute to decision making and business planning throughout the organisation
- Oversight of management accounting, financial reporting and policy adherence
- Partner with teams across the business to promote empowerment and financial literacy
- Manage relations with external stakeholders such as banks, insurers, auditors and HMRC
- Actively be involved in the financial aspects of key projects undertaken by the organisation
- Hands on role where you'll review and implement new processes and controls to promote efficiency
- An active and contributory member of senior leadership meetings
What you'll offer
- Fully qualified Accountant (Ideally with experience within the arts and/or music sector)
- Advanced IT skills – excellent user of MS Office and Google Apps.
- Experience of using Xero for both accounting and payroll
- In-depth experience of financial modelling
- Proven experience in financial processing and systems, design and implementation
- Highly numerate with experience of managing budgets and interpreting financial information
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to convert data into analysis/information which enable business understanding and informed decision making
- Demonstrable significant experience of working at senior level contributing and leading on strategic planing
- Eexperience of successful delivery by leading and developing a Finance team
- Excellent written skills, administrative, organisational and project management skills
- Ability to effectively self-manage workload and meet set deadlines.
For more information, please apply or contact Alex Baxter Smith at Harvey John.