Uckfield, East Sussex
Harvey John is working with an industry-leading, reputable client based in the Uckfield area on a new opportunity for a dedicated Assistant Accountant to join their business. This is an established organisation with a medium-sized finance team, where you'll report into an experienced Financial Controller who has a focus on staff development and will put significant effort into ensuring this individual's career progression and job fulfilment.
This organisation is building upon several years of healthy growth and expanding its operations. They offer an attractive, modern office environment with good amenities alongside a highly supportive and friendly team ethos. Staff here work hard and knuckle down, but also have a sense of humour and make work enjoyable.
Parking is available on site.
- To upload the weekly orders and sales figures to head office
- To complete the weekly/monthly performance KPI's reporting back to management any anomalies
- To complete and review monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- To complete quarterly VAT reporting, ensuring compliance with all local HMRC legislation
- To assist with the annual budgeting, as well as periodic re-forecasting
- To assist with the production of monthly management accounts including the processing of G/L journals, prepayments, accruals and fixed asset reporting
- To support the reconciliation and reporting of inventory for the business
- To assist with the annual audit and tax reporting – liaising with external consultants and providing appropriate supporting backup
- Managing expenses, petty cash and credit card transactions
- To play an active role in sales/purchase ledger where appropriate including entering invoices, allocating payments and raising recharges
- To adhere to all internal policies and procedures, as well as local regulatory requirements
- Recognised professional qualification (or equivalent by experience considered)
- Strong Microsoft Excel
- Good attention to detail, analytical and numerate
- A flexible approach to working with strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well a part of a wider team, with a willingness to help in all areas as required
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.