My Choice Children's Homes are nurturing children’s homes for 'Looked After Children' across 8 homes throughout Sussex and Surrey.
Our homes provide a nurturing, medium to long-term, non-institutional environment for young people to begin to work towards their future and independence, or to return home or to alternative carers. We support our children and young people, empowering them through therapeutic services, to face the issues both in their past and present that have caused them difficulties, resulting in outstanding outcomes for them.
We are looking for a Care Manager to register with Ofsted, that has worked within a caring environment for children and/or adolescents, to act as a leader for the staff team and professional parent for our Looked After Children. We welcome all candidates who are currently Care Managers or Deputy Managers looking for career advancement.
To succeed in this role you will need -
- Evidence of good working practices within the care sector and suitable to work with children and young people.
- Able to build appropriate relationships with young people and form good communications.
- Level 5 Diploma would be an advantage
- Within the last 5 years, worked for a least 2 years in a position relevant to residential care of children and for a least one year in a role requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role.
- Experience with and understanding of Ofsted.
- Good knowledge of Child Protection procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of the Children's Act 1989.
- Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours.
Daily duties include but aren’t restricted to -
- To ensure compliance with Ofsted and meet all minimum standard
- Promote the welfare and development of the young people and protect them from harm in and outside the home.
- Meeting and recognising the young people's needs and ensuring that they are free from discrimination within the home and to challenge discrimination from outside the home.
- Regularly review all young people's care plans
- Being involved in the monitoring and where necessary the discipline of staff and ensuring all members of staff receive regular supervision and are appraised in line with National Minimum Standards.
Benefits of working at My Choice -
- CACHE registered training centre therefore access to high quality training
- Company pension scheme
- 22 + bank holidays days paid leave per year
- Access to Perkbox
- Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Please view the
document (opens in a pop up)